POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Character skinned : Character skinned Server Time
13 Aug 2024 08:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Character skinned
From: Kitsune e
Date: 16 Apr 2003 16:08:58
Message: <3e9db85a@news.povray.org>
Well this morning I decided to try and create a skin for my character.  I
used UV_mapper to create the uv-coords and a 2048x1967 image for the model
(planar mapping).  I then used gimp to paint the textures for the model.
Unfortunatly I require a high resoulution image to create any kind of
detail, but the gimp starts lagging baddly when I try to work on such a
large image.  This is what I came up with, it has some holes in it, some
places where the edges don't match, and I couldn't paint very well on the
skin part, so that is mostly blank.

I wish I had a more reliable way to paint with Povray's textures, but I
still haven't worked all the bugs out of that technique either.  I won't be
animating this again.  If I have some extra time I think I am going to
practice UV_mapping.  If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear
them!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'CLAWZ_UV.jpg' (33 KB)